The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth - by John C. Maxwell
BreadBox Rating - 8 out of 10
Number of pages - 288
Summary - Are there tried and true principles that are always certain to help a person grow? John Maxwell says the answer is yes. He has been passionate about personal development for over fifty years, and for the first time, he teaches everything he has gleaned about what it takes to reach our potential. In the way that only he can communicate, John teaches . . .
- The Law of the Mirror: You Must See Value in Yourself to Add Value to Yourself
- The Law of Awareness: You Must Know Yourself to Grow Yourself
- The Law of Modeling: It's Hard to Improve When You Have No One But Yourself to Follow
- The Law of the Rubber Band: Growth Stops When You Lose the Tension Between Where You are and Where You Could Be
- The Law of Contribution: Developing Yourself Enables You to Develop Others
Breadbox Review - This book provides incredible ways to keep you moving forward in your growth by giving you steps that actually work. The primary cause of stunted growth is our own view of ourselves, and how we must know ourselves in order to grow ourselves. Maxwell gives us incredible steps to growth by using engaging examples and challenging the way we view ourselves and others. You'll definitely want to take notes while reading this book! If you take your personal growth and leadership development seriously, you need to add this book to your library.
- "Millions of individuals--myself included--have been inspired by the words and works of John Maxwell. Now, in The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth, John again shares his remarkable insights and wisdom into how each of us can reach our full potential and make a positive difference in the lives of others."
― Elizabeth Dole, former U.S. Cabinet Secretary, Senator and President of the American Red Cross
- "I salute John Maxwell for being a pioneer for leadership throughout the world. In his most recent book, he has successfully distilled the 15 most invaluable laws for personal growth. To read this book is to receive the essence of John's expertise, which will help you take your personal success to the next level."
― Stedman Graham, speaker, author and entrepreneur
- "As a coach and leader, I am always looking for way to teach my players how to grow. Thanks to my good friend John Maxwell, you hold in your hands the instruction manual for taking next steps of growth. Embracing these laws will cause you to grow individually and in your contribution to those around you. This book is a must-read for anyone responsible for helping others to grow."
―John Calipari, Head Basketball Coach at the University of Kentucky